Sawmills – Client Reference
I have known JSP Construction Ltd for over 3 years now and appointed them as our Main Contractor on a student housing project in Brighton in 2014. The contract sum was for £2.25m and it was completed on time, on budget and at a quality which we were very impressed with.
During all the various meetings we had both before contract appointment and after during construction they acted professionally and competently working with our existing and established team of professionals very effectively. They demonstrated excellent project management and were very efficient in their on-site working practices, to the extent that they were given a Performance Beyond Compliance rating by the Considerate Constructors Scheme, which is a nationally recognised body that promotes excellence in Construction workplace, a copy of which is enclosed.
Since the successful completion of this project we have subsequently appointed them to act as our Main Contractor on another scheme in Brighton, again for student housing with a project value of £3.3m. We are also in final contract negotiation with them for a third scheme again for student housing to value of £3.4m that is due to start on site later this year.
Sawmills – Employer’s Agent & QS Reference
I have known JSP Construction for about 3 years now.
Our Client, McLaren Property, appointed them in 2014 to construct a new build student accommodation development at Lewes Road in Brighton.
Stace acted as Project Manager, Employer’s Agent and Quantity Surveyor for the Client. I was the QS Partner in charge and had a direct involvement in all stages of the development.
The scheme provided 44 student bedrooms, constructed over 4 levels using the ELK modular building system on a site on a busy main road adjacent to a major roundabout. The project value was circa £2.2m. The project was successfully completed in line with the Clients requirements in terms of programme, budget and quality.
JSP conducted themselves with confidence and assurance throughout the project: the contract negotiations at the outset were completed in a balanced and professional manner and with good grace and this approach continued throughout the project, through to the prompt agreement of the final account at the end of the project. JSP were knowledgeable on all construction matters and adopted a pragmatic attitude to problems and challenges and worked constructively with the Client and the team to deal with threats to price and programme.
The Client and team, including Stace, have now engaged JSP Construction to construct a further, slightly larger, student accommodation development in the same part of Brighton. Once again the contract negotiations have been conducted in an open and constructive and non-attritional manner.
I would recommend JSP to colleagues and others for similar projects.
To clarify the JSP Construction Ltd policy regarding any personal data that JSP collects. This can include information from customers, suppliers and/or members of staff.
JSP Construction Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
JSP Construction Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are:
JSP Construction Ltd is a Principal Main Contractor. We are registered in England, company registration 07890823, based at Robert Denholm House, Bletchingley Road, Nutfield, Surrey RH1 4HW, Registered Address is 8-10 South Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 7PF.
Compliance is key to our business and so we take your privacy very seriously and when we do collect data we do so under the General Data Protection Regulations as a data controller.
How do we collect your Data:
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide to us directly on signing up to our services
- When you visit our website
- When you contact us by any means eg. Telephone, emailWhen you visit our premises which have CCTV systems. These systems may record your image for the security of you and our staff.
- When you forward your information to others in order for us to receive any of your contact details.The Types of Data Collected:Collecting very specific, relevant information is a necessary part of us being able to provide you with the services and products that help you to grow your business success.We collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address and phone numbers
- Copies of any documentation you provide to us
- We will keep details and recordings of your communications with us through email, telephone, in writing, in person and via social media.
- Your recorded image on CCTV when you visit our premises. V1. 180525
Why we need your Data
We require this information to understand your needs and supply you with the best possible service. We use your information in development of our legitimate interests in operating our services, websites and business. We can break the data we collect into the following categories:
Client Data: As a JSP Construction Ltd customer we need to collect and use information about you, your colleagues and company to provide you with our services such as:
- Ensuring compliance with tax, financial and employment laws
- Responding to your queries and requests for information
- Sending you information by email, telephone and post about JSP Construction Ltd, which is likely to be relevant and helpful to you – you can opt out of this at any time
- To protect our business and your business to defend a legal claim and / or as part of a legal requirement.We will only ask you for the details that we need to enable us to carry out our contractual arrangements to ensure our service to you runs smoothly.Freelance Operatives: As an appointed subcontractor, we collect and use information about you to pay you as a subcontractor. To collect your Health & Safety information / collect a copy of your ID / collect copies of your training data / collect copies of your timesheet / day works sheets.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and employment laws
- Compliance of the Right to works checks
- Health & Safety regulations
- Training Data regulations (CITB)
- Responding to your queries and requests for information
- Sending you information by email, and post about JSP Construction Ltd which is likelyto be relevant and helpful to you – you can opt out of this any time
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to stop unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We continually monitor our systems for potential areas of vulnerabilities and attacks, and we regularly carry our penetration testing to identify additional ways to protect your data and our business.
How long do we keep your Data:
We will only keep your data for 6 years + current financial year for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the required retention period we will destroy, delete or anonymise your data.
Who do we share your Data with:
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties in order to fulfil our contractual and legal requirements.
To ensure your data is kept safe, we apply the following policies to all organisations:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- Our In-house employees
- Williams & Co – our Accountant
- Employment Agencies
- CTEC Systems – our IT support company that supports our website and other business systems
- SAGE – our Accounts Software provider
- Foresight Safety Ltd our Safety Advisor
- HMRC – Payroll, CIS and taxation purposes
- NEST – Auto Enrolment Pension company – employees only
- Insurance company – in case of a claim
- HSBC & Nat West Banks – your bank account details saved on our BACS run for online banking
- Solicitor servicesOn occasion we may need to share your data with a third party for their own purposes, we will only do this in very specific circumstances e.g.For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid requested to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.CookiesWe currently do not use these. Should this change, we will update our policy accordingly.Where your Data is stored:
We have our software data safely stored under the Google Drive which is GDPR compliance (under the EU certification).
Controlling your personal information and your rights:
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- That we stop any consent – based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact JSP Construction Ltd, Robert Denholm House, Bletchingley Road, Nutfield, Surrey RH1 4HW, or email email@example.com. If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw your consent.
However, in cases where are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
This is N/A has we do not do marketing.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Contacting JSP Construction Ltd Ltd:
To contact our Data Protection Controller please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to DPC, JSP Construction Ltd, Robert Denholm House, Bletchingley Road, Nutfield, Surrey RH1 4HW.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), their details can be found https://ico.org.uk/